WHY IT'S BETTER TO CHANGE YOUR TIRES AT A DEALERSHIP OVER A BIG BOX STORE
The lifespan of tires is pretty long; a good set can last up to six years or serve its purpose efficiently for 36,000 to 75,000 miles. The tires’ quality and their exposure to wear and tear determine how long they can go. Nevertheless, never use your tires for longer than ten years, no matter how good they look.
Where do you go when it is time to get new tires? Big box retailer or a FFUN dealership? Big box stores like Walmart, Canadian Tire, and Costco stock a wide range of items and sometimes may partner with tire companies to give customers rebates on tire sales, but they do not match up to the service you will get at a FFUN dealership.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Tires
Tires are crucial to any vehicle as they contribute significantly to its safety. While getting a tire replacement sounds easy, it can be overwhelming. The following factors should be your guidelines as you go shopping:
- Depth of the tire treads- a simple test is sticking a penny into a tire tread facing up. It is time for new tires if Lincoln’s head is entirely visible.
- The climate you drive in the tires should be able to handle your area’s driving conditions without losing performance, stability, or safety. You may need to get season tires for different weather.
- Size– determine the proper tire size by looking at the information on the vehicle’s manual or manufacturer’s specifications. You can find additional information on your tire’s sidewall.
- Ride noise– If your vehicle produces an unusual noise level, the treads could be the problem. You may need an expert review on this one, as the problem could go away with a simple wheel alignment.
- Tire life- Tires have varying life expectancies. Typically, tires designed for superior performance have a shorter lifespan; thus, it is crucial to determine your vehicle’s specific needs.
Benefits of Buying Tires at a Dealership
Firstly, most tire dealers will assess your tires or ask for specific manufacturer information before selling tires. Finding your local FFUN dealership that deals in the model and make of your vehicle is vital to get precisely what you need. Here are more benefits of shopping at a dealership.
Unlike big box retailers, dealerships offer a better warranty on most vehicle parts, including tires. This means that problems can be quickly resolved if any arise.
Dealerships offer high-quality branded tires from major manufacturers like Michelin, Bridgestone, Firestone, and Goodyear. Typically, your local tire shop will have a tire rack for each brand, saving you the trouble of visiting different stores.
Saves You Money
If you want to save money, tire dealers will help you. While most branded tires are expensive, the tire store can get you better tire prices compared to a big box retailer. You can leverage specialized offers, rewards, and other in-store value-added services like auto repairs or free valet.
Dealers have access to up-to-date information.
Car dealerships need to stay informed on changes in the market to serve their customers well. They will offer a more comprehensive range depending on your needs. For example, if you need winter tires for a Kia, Volkswagen, Acura, Hyundai, etc., the dealer recommends the right fit or helps you navigate the various brands according to your budget.
You can buy your tires from online retailers if you want a more convenient option. Shopping online widens your options; you can only view what fits your vehicle. Additionally, you get upfront pricing and can compare prices. Shop at TreadNation to enjoy the best prices for whichever type of vehicle. We also offer tire storage and a free tire rotation for all our customers.